A Game of Money, Guns, and Booze set in Prohibition era Chicago
What is Wise Guys? Wise Guys is a quick to learn, cut throat, area control boardgame where you play as one of four rival gangs seeking to strike it rich as “Rum Runners” on the rough streets of Chicago at the height of the roaring 20’s. Each turn players wheel, deal, talk and fight to control locations where they buy and sell alcohol, help politicians get elected and get help in return or double-cross rival gangs. Negotiate, threaten and ally with rival gangs when it serves your needs, but be wary of the inevitable knife in the back… Players roll to choose their gang, then set themselves up with a respectable front of neighborhood business men and their associates, whilst keeping their resources, money, guns & booze hidden from their rivals. Taking control of real-life gangsters, such as Al ‘Scarface’ Capone, Dean O’Banion, ‘Polack Joe’ Saltis and Ralph Sheldon, players issue orders for their Made Men & Associates to drive to existing or newly revealed locations, exploiting profitable opportunities as they arise.
- Everything you need to turn Chicago upside down is included in the box
- Experience the glitz and glamour of the roaring 20’s as a gang boss in Prohibition-era Chicago.
- Flappers dance the Charleston at fabulous parties fueled by the booze your gang distributes.
- Schmooze with the politicians as you fund their election campaigns and let the voters know which way to vote, if they know what’s good for them.
- With enough clout at City Hall, there’s nothing to fear from the law --- you can sell booze on the streets and literally get away with murder.
Playing Time: 90+ minutes